RI President Gary Huang is encouraging all clubs to Light Up Rotary in 2014-15 by hosting Rotary Days. The concept of a Rotary Day is simple: hold a fun, informal event in your community for both Rotarians and the general public and use it as an opportunity to introduce non-Rotarians to Rotary and drive interest in membership and other opportunities for engagement. These events are also a great opportunity to get Rotary Alumni and New Generations program participants more involved in their local club. Rotarians can refer to the Rotary Days brochure for ideas on how to structure and promote their Rotary Day events.
In addition, sponsoring or participating in a Rotary Day event is one of the required activities that will help clubs qualify for the 2014-15 Presidential Citation.
Weâ€™re encouraging all Rotary Day organizers to share photos, videos, and stories of their events with the Rotary community and beyond. Here are just a few ways you and your clubs can publicize your impact:
- Post photos of your event on Instagram using the hashtag #RotaryDay
- Tweet promotional information and updates, also using the hashtag #RotaryDay
- Post a video of your Rotary Day on YouTube and email a link and description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Videos may be featured in Rotary media and one outstanding video will receive a special award plaque from RI President Gary Huang.
- Share your story with Rotary staff for possible inclusion in a blog, newsletter, or The Rotarian magazine. Contact us at email@example.com.
- Visit the Presidentâ€™s web page to view a calendar of upcoming Rotary Day events or add your event to the calendar.
We canâ€™t wait to see all the creative approaches your clubs will take to Light Up Rotary in their communities.