A sample of some International Projects carried out by clubs in District 6930
Other Humanitarian Grants by clubs in District 6930….
- To help provide equipment for AMCAF children’s shelter’s multimedia classroom, in San Faustino, Colombia. $14,650.00.
- To help provide a bakery equipment and a motorcycle for the “Working Hands” cooperative that provides vocational training for displaced single mothers and needy families in Cucuta, Colombia. $14,650.00.
- To help provide furnishings and appliances to Fundación Amparo de Niñas Santa MarÃa de los Pobres in Ocaña, Colombia. $14,650.00.
- To help provide toilet blocks and furnishings to the Santa MarÃa de la Esperanza Nursing Home Foundation in Abrego, Norte de Santander, Colombia. $21,750.00.
- To help provide a van to Santa Maria de la Esperanza Nursing Home in Abrego, Norte de Santander, Colombia. $16,575.00.
- To help provide school furniture, electronic equipment and dictionaries to the Camilo Torres Schools throughout Norte de Santander, Colombia. $18,092.00.
- To help provide medical equipment to ESE Jorge Cristo Sahium Hospital in Villa del Rosario, Norte de Santander, Colombia. $22,388.00.
- To help provide sewing and kitchen equipment to FundaciÃ³n Amparo de Niñas Santa Maria de los Pobres in Ocaña, Norte de Santander, Colombia. $19,236.00. Click Here for Video
- To help provide a vehicle to transport the patients and staff of La Esperanza Institute in Cúcuta, Norte de Santander, Colombia. $15,021.00.
- To help provide toilet blocks to Camilo Torres Institute in Cúcuta, Norte de Santander, Colombia. $30,081.36.
- To help provide an underground water tank and an industrial size washing machine to Santa Maria de la Esperanza Nursing Home in Abrego, Norte de Santander, Colombia. $18,037.82.
To fund construction materials and training to “self-construct” 111 rainwater harvesting systems in 8 marginalized rural communities in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico that have water that is dangerously contaminated with with Fluoride and Arsenic or who have no access to potable drinking water at all. $78,617.00
To teach illiterate adults and youth to read, write and do basic math, and encourage them to continue basic adult education in order to become better citizens and more acttive participants in their families and communities. The education will be provided by FundaciÃ³n de AlfabetizaciÃ³n Costa Rica (FACR). $56,350.00
- Pediatric Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Kingston Jamaica – All children who suffer from congenital heart defects (CHD) that live in Rotary District 7020, will benefit from this Global Grant. This includes Jamaica, Haiti and other English speaking Caribbean countries. We also propose that children from South and Central America and other non-English speaking Caribbean countries, will also have the opportunity to be treated here through medical tourism, or through Rotary Gift of Life Programs. $1,200,000.00.
- PENDING APPROVAL: Hearing-Hands-H2O, La Romana Dominican Republic. This grant will provide hearing aids, solar chargers and batteries for hearing aids, prosthetic hands, and water filters for residents of La Romana, Dominican Republic and surrounding Bateys. $55,500.00.