YouthAct is a Rotary program of Service Above Self for middle school and junior high students ages 11 to 14. Very similar to Interact (high school) and Rotaract (college, university, or community), YouthAct is the next level downward in age as it relates to Rotary youth programs.
YouthAct is an exciting program that is building momentum in District 6930. In January, 2005, the first YouthAct club was established in our district at Jupiter Middle School of Technology; sponsored by the Rotary Club of Jupiter-Tequesta Sunrise.
- Develop leadership and personal integrity.
- Practice thoughtfulness and service to others.
- Increase awareness of the importance of home and family.
- Recognize the worth of each individual.
- Emphasize acceptance of individual responsibility for success.
- Recognize the dignity and value of all useful occupations.
- Provide opportunities for increased knowledge and understanding of community, national, and world affairs.
- Open avenues of personal and group action leading to the advancement of international understanding and goodwill towards all people.